Sunday 31 May 2015

The Hawk

Over the last couple of week ends I have been trying to capture some reasonable shots of the Hawk
My location has been some corn and onion fields at the back of my local airfield.
This location is quiet with trees against the outer edges where I decided to hang out with a bit of cover, I still need to do more and find a better hide and locate some road kill or something to get a better position but I think I am on the right track to produce better shots.

I was not there long when one came in a hunting 



After about a an hour One flew near with a field mouse in his talons and is tow was a second Hawk giving attitude with some areal dogfight beginning which put a large grin on my face






From here I decided I Would walk over to the airfield and see what was going on and for a couple of bonus shots with the Mk 9 Spitfire and P/40 Kittyhawk out and about.






So not a bad way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday morning.


1 comment:

  1. Nice. The pair of hawks is definitely cool. Lucky bugger!

    ReplyDelete